JIPMER or Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, which is located in Pondicherry operates under the government of India since 1956. JIPMER is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India regarding medical coaching and teaching. JIPMER has spread over 195-acre campus in the city of Puducherry (previously known as Pondicherry). JIPMER can be reached by traveling 170Kms by road from Chennai, which is the capital city of the state.
JIPMER is one of the reputed institutions in the field of medical science in the country, which has been declared as the institution of national importance. JIPMER offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and super specialty medical training through the JIPMER hospital.
About JIPMER MBBS Course
MBBS course in the institution has been rewarded with high package salaries across the world and provides better opportunities for further studies. JIPMER offers undergraduate courses, Post graduate courses, and super specialty medical training. You can pursue MBBS course by applying to the institution well in advance to attend the pre-qualify examination. JIPMER pre-qualifying course can be taken twice in a year, and it is required to meet the institute target scores to get admission in the college.
Distribution of Seats in JIPMER MBBS Course
MBBS course is for four years and six months, where one year of compulsory rotatory internship for the degree. The joint entrance examination gives you 200 seats and the seats are distributed with 65 for General, 38 for OBC, 22 for SC, 15 for ST, 30 for PUR, 16 for POBC, 8 for PSC and 6 for NRI or OCI.
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria 2022
JIPMER is one of the reputed medical study institutes in the country and requires applicants to meet the necessary criteria to get admission to the college.
- The applicant or the candidate can either be an Indian national or overseas citizen of India
- The applicant should have completed at least 17 years of age at the time of the admission.
- The applicant should have passed the per-qualifying exams with an individual score
- The applicant should have core subjects as Physics, Biology, Chemistry or Biotechnology and English as a primary language
- Good aptitude and communication skills
How to apply for JIPMER MBBS Exam 2022
There is only one way of applying for the JIPMER University to study medical sciences in both undergraduate and postgraduate sections. You can apply for JIPMER only with the help of the internet, as JIPMER takes the application through online mode only.
- Log in to the link jipmer.edu.in
- Click on ‘apply online MBBS admission – 2022” from the home page
- Go through prospectus and instructions carefully
- Fill the application carefully with the given instructions.
- The applicant should be present himself or herself with all the required documents to get admission
Studying MBBS in JIPMER is pride, as the institution is ranked among some of the great medical schools of all time across the world. JIPMER offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. There are a lot of people, who get attracted to the education and attend qualifying exams to study in the institution.