Did you receive your adhaar card and realise some of the information provided there are wrong? Well, there is nothing to panic. Many a times due to technical glitches a fault can arise but it can be corrected without any kind of difficulty.
So calm down and take a look at this step by step guide which explains how the correction procedure is done.
The correction can be done easily online as it will completely eliminate the requirement of you running around from one office to another. So check out the methods to correct the card.
Steps Of Aadhar Card Correction
- The first step that you need to do is to visit the E aadhar official website for doing the correction. You can get the site easily be searching on your search engine.
- When you head to the site the first thing that it will require is a 12 digit aadhar number. Make sure you provide it correctly.
- Then you will get the verification notification in the next column. To verify your aadhar card you need to press the send OTP button.
- There will be a 6 digit OTP and it will immediately enter the mobile number provided in your aadhar card. All you need to do is to fill it in as a password and then you will be able to log in without any kind of problem.
- In order to change your address, choose the field marked as an address change. Once you have chosen it, up next you will have to provide a language that you will prefer for your usage. Make sure you choose a language in which you are fluent and comfortable.
- Finally after you have typed in the corrected address you will have to submit a documental proof. This will make sure that the changes actually take place. Keep in mind, without the verification documents, no changes will be made to your aadhar card and things will remain as they are.
- If you want to change your name or phone no. Then the above same procedure is applicable. All you need to do is to choose a suitable field and upload a document that verifies the change you want to make.
So this was the step by step information that will aid you greatly to make any kind of changes to the facts written on your aadhar card. There are offline methods as well but they can be really tiring as well, so if you want to do it right from your home this is the best method for you. No need to go to any offices, no need of dealing with lazy employees, this change can be made in as less as 10 minutes. Note the change will only be shown on your e-aadhar card as the physical one will remain with you. So try out this technique and solve the long term problem.