GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a national level entrance exam through which students can get admission in post-graduation courses.
There are thousands of opportunities available which you can select after you complete your graduation. Many students go for job, many select businesses and other take drop to prepare for GATE so that they can get admission in post-graduation courses in their dream institute.
Every year GATE examination is conducted and soon GATE 2022 is going to arrive for which students have already started collecting the study material. I am here to provide you the details about GATE Exam 2022. The GATE 2022 Examinations not going to be easy so start preparing if you want to score good.
The link of Gate official website is www.gate.iitg.ac.in and this year the examination is organized by Indian Institute of Technology. (IIT Guwahati)
GATE 2022 Registration
The candidates who are willing to appear in GATE 2021 must start filling up the GATE 2022 Registration form which has been started from 2nd September 2021. Make sure you fill all the details correctly otherwise you may face problem at the time of your hall ticket generation.
GATE 2022 Important Dates
Below is the list of GATE 2022 Important Dates which a student needs to take care of: –
- Starting date of registration/application form – 2nd September 2021
- Last date of application form –30th sept 2021
- Last date to request for different city – 15th November 2021.
- Download Admit Card – January 7, 2022
- GATE 2022 Exam Date – 5, 6, 12, 13 Feb 2022
- Exam Timings – Morning: 9:00 Am to 12:00Pm
Afternoon: 2:00Pm to 5:00Pm
- Result date –
16 Mar 2022
GATE 2022 Syllabus
There are many sites from which you can easily download GATE 2022 syllabus, but we recommend you to download it from the official link which is mentioned here: www.gate.iitg.ac.in/?page_id=55
GATE Exam Pattern 2022
We are going to see the GATE exam pattern 2022. It will be as follows: –
- The duration of GATE 2022 Examinationwill be 3 hours.
- Total Number of Questions: 65
- Total Marks: 100
- There will be 2 types of questions:
- Marking Method: If you give wrong answer, 1/3rd marks will be deducted. MCQ is of 1 mark each. In 2 marks questions, if the answer is wrong 2/3rd marks will be deducted. Unattempted questions will have zero marks. No negative marking for numerical types.
This is also the Latest GATE Exam Pattern. Let us see the Gate Last Year Cut-off Marks.
- ME – 29.6 (General), 26.6 (OBC), 19.7(SC/ST/PH).
- CS & IT – 25.00 (General), 22.50 (OBC), 16.00(SC/ST/PH).
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) – 25.00 (General), 22.5(OBC), 16.60(SC/ST/PH).
- Civil Engineering – 25 (General), 22.5(OBC), 16.6(SC/ST/PH)
- Chemical Engineering – 29.7 (General), 33.1(OBC), 22(SC/ST/PH)
You can easily Get Previous Year Question Paper and download it from any site. Start collecting materials from various sites and make a question bank with answers so that you can score good marks in Gate 2022 and achieve your dream. All the best!
Leave a Reply