GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a national level entrance exam through which students can get admission in post-graduation courses.
There are thousands of opportunities available which you can select after you complete your graduation. Many students go for job, many select businesses and other take drop to prepare for GATE so that they can get admission in post-graduation courses in their dream institute.
Every year GATE examination is conducted and soon GATE 2021 is going to arrive for which students have already started collecting the study material. I am here to provide you the details about GATE Exam 2021. The GATE 2021 Examinations not going to be easy so start preparing if you want to score good.
The link of Gate official website is www.gate.iitg.ac.in and this year the examination is organized by Indian Institute of Technology. (IIT Guwahati)
GATE 2021 Registration
The candidates who are willing to appear in GATE 2021 must start filling up the GATE 2021 Registration form which has been started from 1st September 2020. Make sure you fill all the details correctly otherwise you may face problem at the time of your hall ticket generation.
GATE 2021 Important Dates
Below is the list of GATE 2021 Important Dateswhich a student needs to take care of: –
- Starting date of registration/application form – 1st September 2020.
- Last date of application form – 5th October 2020.
- Last date to request for different city – 17th November 2020.
- Download Admit Card – 5th January 2021
- GATE 2021 Exam Date – 3rd February 2021
-4th February 2021
-10th February 2021
-11th February 2021
- Exam Timings – Morning: 9:00 Am to 12:00Pm
Afternoon: 2:00Pm to 5:00Pm
- Result date –17th March 2021
GATE 2021 Syllabus
There are many sites from which you can easily download GATE 2021 syllabus, but we recommend you to download it from the official link which is mentioned here: www.gate.iitg.ac.in/?page_id=55
GATE Exam Pattern 2021
We are going to see the GATE exam pattern 2021. It will be as follows: –
- The duration of GATE 2021 Examinationwill be 3 hours.
- Total Number of Questions: 65
- Total Marks: 100
- There will be 2 types of questions:
- Marking Method: If you give wrong answer, 1/3rd marks will be deducted. MCQ is of 1 mark each. In 2 marks questions, if the answer is wrong 2/3rd marks will be deducted. Unattempted questions will have zero marks. No negative marking for numerical types.
This is also the Latest GATE Exam Pattern. Let us see the Gate Last Year Cut-off Marks.
- ME – 29.6 (General), 26.6 (OBC), 19.7(SC/ST/PH).
- CS & IT – 25.00 (General), 22.50 (OBC), 16.00(SC/ST/PH).
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) – 25.00 (General), 22.5(OBC), 16.60(SC/ST/PH).
- Civil Engineering – 25 (General), 22.5(OBC), 16.6(SC/ST/PH)
- Chemical Engineering – 29.7 (General), 33.1(OBC), 22(SC/ST/PH)
You can easily Get Previous Year Question Paper and download it from any site. Start collecting materials from various sites and make a question bank with answers so that you can score good marks in Gate 2021 and achieve your dream. All the best!